Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Panama

Received from: Panama
Category: from friend
Date: September 2011
**********************************************************************

When I published this blog in the Internet I put the link on my Facebook, asking if anybody wants to send a card to me. My friend from Panama, whom I got to know in Sweden, asked about my address and we exchanged cards. She received mine after 3 months, I got her one after less than one month. We were so shocked, she had already wanted to write on it 'Merry Christmas'... ;)

**********************************************************************

Panama, officially the Republic of Panama, is the southernmost country of Central America. Situated on the isthmus connecting North and South America, it is bordered by Costa Rica to the northwest, Colombia to the southeast, the Caribbean Sea to the north and the Pacific Ocean to the south. The capital is Panama City. Explored and settled by the Spanish in the 16th century, Panama broke with Spain in 1821 and joined a union of Nueva Granada, Ecuador, and Venezuela – named the Republic of Gran Colombia. When the latter dissolved in 1830, Panama and Nueva Granada stayed joined. Nueva Granada later became the Republic of Colombia.

No comments:

Post a Comment